Sunday, September 5, 2010

Leave Maslow Alone!

My best friend recently showed me an article, describing how, a team of psychologists released an updated version of Maslow's hierarchy of needs:

Parenting and finding/keeping mate? That's it? Where did self-actualization ("man's desire for fulfillment...to become everything that one is capable of becoming.") go?


Do we spend billions on entertainment products, craft supplies, hobby equipment, technological gadgets, music, books...and not be interesting in self-actualization anymore?


Simply telling people they should just throw all this out the window, stay home, mate and make babies... is not a revised, updated version of Maslow, it's a pre-Maslow, outdated mindset of the world. 

3 comments:

  1. This is what life is all about!!!!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. ehm, I thought I was your best friend, and I certainly didn't share this with you...TRAITOR

    ReplyDelete