Thursday, December 6, 2012

On the topic of Shower Heads

There's something that never get talked about. Bathroom plumbing. It's not fashionable. Generally, it's a boring product, replaced by the plumber when something is wrong. Sure, the plumber might recommend you a more expensive one, with better features - but it's nothing to get excited about. You just do a cost-benefit analysis.

Enter, Kohler Hand Showers - changing everything:



The very first company to even build a proper communications strategy for something like shower heads, let alone a full out creative advertising plan, complete with TV commercials!

Goes to show it really isn't the product.

I've never been this excited about shower heads.

It's all about how you sell it.

6 comments:

  1. Is the competition between shower head companies heating up or something? Haha.. here's an ad I noticed on TV these past few days:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kf4ufAwdCao

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, shower heads have been the topic of much conversation in the past, as demonstrated by the classic Seinfeld episode, The Shower Head.

    "I just took a bath, Jerry. A bath!"
    "No good?"
    "It's disgusting. I'm sitting there in a tepid pool of my own filth. All kinds of microscopic parasites and organisms having sex all around me."
    - Kramer and Jerry, in "The Shower Head"

    "Now here's the lowdown. Through a certain connection, I've been able to locate some black market shower heads. They're all made in the former Yugoslavia. And from what I hear, the Serbs are fanatic about their showers."
    "Not from the footage I've seen."
    - Newman and Jerry, in "The Shower Head"

    ReplyDelete